History

All Saints' Church

The foundation stone for All Saints' Church was laid in 1861 during the incumbency of the Reverend W.B. Yeats who was the rector of the parish from 1836 - 1862. He was the grandfather of William Butler Yeats, the poet and dramatist.

The original church occupied a site a short distance away from the present building. It was destroyed in the 1641 Rebellion and rebuilt in 1698 and was in use until the present church was built.

Part of the East gable, now completely ivy covered, and a tower are all that remain of the old church.