Women's Fellowship

The Women's Fellowship

The Women's Fellowship began life in Tullylish in 1954 under the name of The Women's Guild. The Women's Guild had been founded to give the women of the parish an opportunity of meeting together to enjoy the fellowship of others. The name change took place in 1984, but the aims remained unchanged.

The aims were:
  • To maintain interest in the work of the church both at home and abroad.
  • Assisting in efforts for the social and financial welfare of the church.
  • Above all, to be associated in the advancement of Christ's Kingdom.

In 2004 the Women's Fellowship celebrated its Golden Jubilee in our Parish Church at which members past and present, including founder members, former rectors and their wives and visitors from neighbouring churches joined together to celebrate the occasion with a Service of Thanksgiving.

The Women's Fellowship continues to be actively involved in the life of the Parish whilst also attracting members from the wider community. Interesting programmes are drawn up which include a variety of speakers, fund raising events for the church and community and day or weekend trips to places of interest.

New members are always welcome